Volunteering- How you can help.
Whilst our day to day operations are managed by a team of dedicated HRA staff, The Horse Rangers Association is extremely fortunate to have an amazing team of volunteers who form the backbone of our organisation. Without their hard work and commitment, we would not be able to operate.
Who are we looking for?
- Adults (16+) with an interest in working with horses and young people
- Qualified RDA volunteer instructors
- Qualified BHS AI instructors
- Adults with experience of young people with special needs/disabilities
- Adults willing to help with fundraising activities or fundraise on our behalf
- Adults with a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Adults who are willing to learn, even if their horse knowledge and experience is limited.
- Adults who are confident around animals
- Adults who like craft and making things to sell on our fundraising stalls
What is involved?
- Bringing in and turning out horses from the field
- Grooming and tacking up horses before sessions
- Leading horses in the indoor school during RDA sessions
- Supporting riders during the sessions (side helping)
- Poo picking
Depending on what your interests are, you could help out in the canteen at weekends, join one of our squadrons and help with the horses and Rangers or help out with odd jobs that come along.
Helping out at our annual events. This could include, being a road marshal, serving refreshments or helping out on our fundraising stall.
Undertaking fundraising on HRA’s behalf
Sourcing prizes for our raffles
When are you needed?
- RDA Sessions-Especially during term time on weekday mornings (Tuesday to Friday) and Wednesday evenings throughout the year.
- Mainstream- Weekends throughout the year, morning or afternoon sessions
- Fundraising- during annual events
- Fundraising- as part of the fundraising team you may be required to attend meetings with other members as and when needed
- Other times as and when
How to volunteer
If you’d like to volunteer, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.