Founded in 1954 by Raymond Gordon, we were originally based at Shepperton Studios.
We moved to The Royal Mews, Hampton Court during the 1960s and our Patron at this time was HRH Princess Margaret.
Raymond Gordon’s vision was to enable young people, who would not otherwise have the opportunity, to learn to look after and ride horses. From early in the charity’s existence, this included young people with disabilities. In 1975 we became a member group of Riding for the Disabled Association (RDA).
We have always relied on the support of our wonderful volunteers to deliver all of our activities and many of our volunteers began as Rangers when they were children themselves.
Where we are today Today, The Horse Rangers Association continues to offer opportunities to children and young people within our local community. We continue to look at new ways to develop and improve our work and are striving to engage members of our local community in our outreach programmes. We continue to promote our charity and work tirelessly to raise funds for the organisation so that we can continue to exist long into the future, supporting so many individuals to become well-rounded members of society.
We are very fortunate to have Her Royal Highness Princess Michael of Kent as our Royal Patron. An accomplished horsewoman herself, she has been very supportive and regularly comes to our events. She takes a great interest in the individual Rangers and is extremely popular both with them, our volunteers and the guests whom she meets.